I have some questions?
I shall answer them for you
WHAT IS THE ANSWER TO LIFE, THE UNIVERSE AND EVERYTHING?
WHAT IS THE ANSWER TO THE ULTIMATE QUESTION?
WHAT IS THE ULTIMATE QUESTION
What do you get if you multiply six by nine?
WHAT? THAT'S NOT RIGHT, I DON'T GET IT
You'll need to read the second book of Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy my friend, I mean really you should read the whole series, but at least book 1 & 2 :)
WHO ARE YOU?
please stop shouting
- We are the Computer Science Students Club, one of the 4 computer clubs at UWA (depending on your definition)
- The University Computer Club (UCC)
Most similar to us, They're more of a general computing club. There's kind of a rivalry lite™, but it's mostly us saying they don't have a roof and them ignoring us for the most part
- Coders for Causes
Exactly what it says on the tin, they code for non profit causes, looks really good on a résumé and all that.
- UWA Programming Competition
If your interested in the idea of programming competitively then these are the people you need to talk to
- We're the "official" club for the School of Computer Science and Software Engineering, hence why we have a room in their building
The others being:
What can you do for me?
Ask not what your club can do for you, but what you can do for you club
- We have a clubroom in the computer science building for you to come hang out in between classes
- We also have a fridge in the clubroom with the cheapest food and drink our side of the campus, significantly cheaper than the vending machines at the very least
- While talking about food, we also have a microwave, a kettle (with tea and coffee), and even a sandwhich press
- Have I mentioned out games consoles yet? Well we have those too, and a bunch of games to go along with them
- Videogames not really your thing? We have games made out of paper and cardboard too
- Lets not forget the people, in our club we have
mostlyfriendly people who are happy to give you a hand with:
- Assignments & Classwork (We won't do it for you, but we're happy to point you in the right direction)
- Fitting in at uni
- Experiencing great banter and interesting conversations
- Heavy doses of salt depending on who's in the club at the time
- and just in general, it's a great place just to chill and make friends
Ultimately we're just here for your benefit, and to encourage “campus culture” whatever that means
So, this clubroom seems interesting, where can I find you?
- We are located in room 2.26 in the Computer Science and Software Engineering Building
- LINK TO WIKI (Need to update the wiki page)
- LINK TO YOUTUBE VIDEO (need to make the youtube video)
Tell me about this website
- Anton (2017 president) wrote it over the course on and off over about the course of a month to replace the previous one he wrote in an afternoon. He got a large amount of the css generated from the werc framework which you can find a link to in the footer, he chose it because of how gloriously web 1.0 it is. The mobile version was written from the ground up.
It was written to pass validation, at the time of writing it's broken on browsers which don't support media queries, will be fixed once the content is finished
Unfortunately HTML5 validation doesn't have a pretty picture yet, because the standard is still finalized... I think
I have more questions
Drop by the clubroom, or drop by the contact page and shoot us a message